WHO suspends use of Chloroquine for treatment of COVID-19

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday, said it had “temporarily” suspended clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine, as potential treatment for COVID-19.

WHO Director-General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, addressing a virtual press conference, said that the WHO-backed trials had been “suspended while the safety is reviewed”.

The decision has been taken, after a publication indicated that the use of Chloroquine could increase the likelihood of dying.

“It’s important to continue to gather evidence on the efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine.

“We want to use it if it’s safe and efficacious, reduces mortality, reduces the length of hospitalization without increasing adverse events,” WHO Chief Scientist, Soumya Swaminathan, added at the press briefing in Geneva.

About Dare

Check Also

Premier League: Owen Reveals Club To Challenge For Title Next Season

Ex Liverpool striker now pundit, Michael Owen has named Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notice:

Avoid Contamination, Always Wash Your Hands, Avoid Crowded Spaces, Maintain Safe Distances and If Possible Stay at Home!