What began as a puzzle infection in Wuhan, China, has now slaughtered in excess of 2,859 individuals and tainted thousands more around the globe.
On Friday February 28, the principal instance of Coronavirus was affirmed in Lagos state.
The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanirem has now shared approaches to keep yourself from getting the ailment.
1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
2. Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
3. Persons with persistent cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance, but not mix in crowd.
4. Make sure you and people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene, meaning cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your sleeve at the bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
5. Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance- 0800-970000-10. Do not engage in self-medication
6. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio, including the Lagos State Ministry of Health, NCDC and Federal Ministry of Health.
Citizens must not abuse social media and indulge in spreading misinformation that causes fear and panic. The Federal Ministry of Health, through Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, will continue to provide updates and will initiate all measures required to prevent the spread of any outbreak in Nigeria.
Dr Osagie Ehanire
Hon. Minister of Health
Outside China, where the infection broke out from, the coronavirus has spread to in excess of 30 nations, including the U.S., U.K., Singapore, France, Russia, Spain, Iran, Italy, South Korea, India, and now Nigeria.